Turning anger into action.
Things we can do together, that will make a difference.
The team at Save The Heart Of Kendal want to encourage you all to join us in taking a step forward and helping us make a change.
The documents about the Kendal Flood Risk Management Scheme proposal may make you feel like you cannot enact change. But, we are here to tell you that it is the complete opposite, we are inviting everyone in our local community and online community to take part in these Simple Actions.
- Read our website and existing blogs to learn more about who we are and what we are working against – https://saveourrivers.org/campaigns/heart-of-kendal/
- Email sharing your concerns about the scheme. It’s important to remember that we all have a voice and that you can be heard (Please note, any vague/generic email templates will be disregarded, so please see this https://docs.google.com/document/d/104QDy-C6SDZ2QY9ftGYSYe65b0nYso61diSOhtcZqIw/edit?usp=sharing on how to make it your own and add your own voice):
- SLDC (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Cumbria County Council (DMandLLFA_south@cumbria.gov.uk)
- Your MP (https://www.mysociety.org/wehelpyou/who-is-your-mp/)
- The Environment Agency (KendalFRMS@environment-agency.gov.uk & email@example.com)
- Ministerial Departments:
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (email@example.com)
3. Share wide and far – our blogs, website, social posts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and use the hashtag #SaveTheHeartOfKendal
4. Turn Up. We understand and respect that will all things COVID related many folk will not want to in a crowd, which as a group we support and understand
But, if you feel safe to do so please come along to show your support, listen and educate.
When you are attending please respect everyone’s social distance and wear a mask.
Thank you for taking the time to read, and we hope to see you on Saturday 4th September at Midday, the link for the event is below.